Unimoni Exchange LLC and its affiliates (collectively referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or Unimoni) is strongly committed towards protecting the user’s (referred to as “You” and “Your”) privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. We have a long history of handling personal, including sensitive information, confidentially. We value the ongoing trust you have in us to protect your privacy.
Many visitors are worried about the information they provide to us, and how we treat that information. This validates the need for this Privacy Statement to address those concerns. Unimoni is strongly committed towards protecting the user’s privacy.
Personal information or Personal Data means information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. We encourage the user to review our Privacy Statement, and become familiar with it, but the user should know that we do not sell or rent our users' personal information to third parties. We don’t require you to register or provide this information to us in order to view our website or have access to its content.
Collection of Information
At our website, we collect both personal information and aggregate information that the user voluntarily provides either while on the website or in response to emails in relation to features provided on the website. We don’t require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our website or have access to its content. We may collect personal information otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We collect personal information when you ask us to provide services to you. This personal information may include identities and contact information of senders and recipients of money transfers, credit card, banking or other billing information, birth dates and other personal identifiers, information used to verify your identity for security and fraud prevention purposes, identification number and amounts paid, transferred or otherwise processed.
We collect information about your transactions with us, including transaction history, such as frequency of use and amounts paid, transferred or otherwise processed.
In connection with identity verification, fraud prevention and similar security purposes, we collect and/or confirm certain identity-related information, financial background and similar information through third parties sources such as government agencies and consumer reporting agencies.
Aggregate information relates to such things as how many consumers visit the website, which pages they access, what information they download, the type of web browser and operating system you use, the name of your Internet Service Provider and so on. When you visit our website, we automatically collect this information, and combine it with similar information collected about all other visitors. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors.
The user can visit our website without revealing the user’s identity or any personal information. We track the internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyse this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
For better management of the website, we may
- log the user’s browsing history;
- log non-personally-identifiable information, including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type; and
- record User IP addresses for security and monitoring purposes.
Use of Personal Information
Unimoni generally uses personal information for the purposes of providing you with Money Transfer and other related products and services. This may include the following purposes:
- Authorising and processing your transactions, including effecting and administering money transfers and ensuring proper payment to the designated recipient of funds.
- Collecting amounts owing to us, and otherwise enforcing and collecting on your accounts or agreements with us.
- Monitoring and improving our website and its content.
- Sending you information about our products and services if you request it.
- Meeting legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, risk management, fraud prevention and security requirements, which may include (among other measures) verifying the identity of the sender and recipient of funds and checking identities against money laundering, terrorist financing or similar watch lists established by regulatory agencies or similar bodies. For identity verification purposes, senders and recipients of money transfers may be required to produce valid identification or consent to verification by other means before releasing funds.
- Maintaining business and transaction records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business.
- Meeting insurance, audit and processing requirements.
- Otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and to unaffiliated third parties in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement as follows:
- To Provide Services. In order to process and complete requested money transfers and other transactions, we may disclose personal information to the recipient of a money transfer, to our agents or affiliates, and, if applicable, the recipient and any intermediary banks or other financial institutions or financial services companies involved in the transaction or our services.
- Service Providers. Unimoni may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of Unimoni acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, for example, information technology and/or data hosting or processing services. We take reasonable measures to ensure that personal information that may be processed by our service providers on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than as directed by us, subject to legal requirements applicable to Unimoni’s affiliates, agents and service providers, for example, lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
- Business Transactions. Your personal information may be used by Unimoni and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitisation, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets (including, for example, your account with us), for purposes related to the evaluation and performance of these transactions, including:
- permitting such parties to evaluate and determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction, and
- fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to such parties.
- Successors and assigns of Unimoni and/or its business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Legal, Regulatory, etc. Unimoni may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law. This may include lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, for example, disclosures in compliance with suspicious activity reporting requirements under anti-terrorism, anti-money laundering and similar laws and regulations.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any. Consent may be given by your authorised representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney, wherever legally permissible).
Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this Privacy Statement, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection. If you provide us with personal information of a third party, you represent that you have consent from that individual to provide us with his/her personal information.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable written notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services. Note that where we have provided or are providing services to you, your consent will be valid for so long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise at the time of collection, and you may not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures.
Unimoni collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example, to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Member Communications and Email
We employ a strict policy against sending unsolicited email. Please note that opting not to receive email does not exempt the user from receiving administrative emails.
Our Customer Care department may contact the customer in response to the customer’s inquiries, to provide services at the customer’s request and to manage the customer requirement.
Our website and email may contain links to various other websites. While we make every effort to ensure that our advertisers post clear and complete Privacy Policies and observe appropriate data practices, each of these websites has a privacy statement that may differ from that of ours. The privacy practices of other websites and companies are not covered by this Statement.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect the user’s personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We reserve the right to disclose the user’s personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Please note that we review our Privacy Statement from time to time, and we may make periodic changes to the Statement in connection with that review. Therefore, the user may wish to bookmark this page and/or periodically review this page to make sure the user has the latest version.